Memorial Day Weekend in Green Lake, Wis., at Heidel House
04 May, 2015
Memorial Day is a time to remember those who gave their lives to protect our country. At Heidel House Resort & Spa, we are remembering those lives and saying, “Thank you.” We are thankful for the men and women who gave their lives, thankful for those who are still protecting our freedom and thankful for the freedom we have today to enjoy living in the beautiful state of Wisconsin.
In addition to observing Memorial Day on Monday, May 25, our culture has become accustomed to spending the weekend celebrating our freedom with family and friends, grilling out and enjoying time on the lake. Memorial Day weekend in Green Lake is sure to be one for the books at Heidel House Resort & Spa. A weekend full of activities, live music, delicious dining and a fundraiser bike ride welcomes family and friends of all ages.
Friday, May 22:
- For those groups beginning their holiday weekend early, consider enjoying a Heidel House Resort & Spa weekly activity. On Friday, look forward to yoga stretch at Evensong Spa, an afternoon nature walk or sightseeing cruise and board games. You can view the May Weekly Activities Schedule here.
- BoatHouse Patio 7 p.m. – Kick off the long weekend with live, lakeside music on the BoatHouse Patio from 7 to 10 p.m. Our first artist of the season is Paul Wilmet. As a former professional baseball player, some might say Paul Wilmet is a “late bloomer in the music industry,” as music came for him later in life. Paul is an independent Pop artist based out of Nashville, Tenn. His experience in a variety of genres leaves him being described as “memorable” and identifiable.
Saturday, May 23:
Gear Up Green Lake Fundraiser Bike Ride:
- Registration and Ride 7 a.m. – Cyclists are invited to begin the morning with a beautiful bike ride through the Green Lake area. Heidel House Resort & Spa and Green Lake Greenways are hosting the 6th Annual Gear Up Green Lake Fundraiser Bike Ride, with routes from 14 to 100 miles long. All routes begin and end at the Carriage Tent. You can register online, or the day of the event from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Carriage Tent.
- Taste of Wisconsin Lunch and Live Music 10:30 a.m. – As participants complete their bike rides, they’re invited to enjoy a Taste of Wisconsin Lunch featuring a variety of favorite Wisconsin fare at the Carriage Tent. Lunch will be complemented by live music from area-favorite duo Dan Braaksma Band.
- “Bicycle Built For You” Competition – Ten teams of four people will race to build bicycles with provided tools and equipment shortly after the ride. Completing the bike first doesn’t qualify a team for first place, though, as teams will have to test the bike and ensure it is safe to ride before placing in this fun, interactive competition. At the end of the competition, each team will present their bike as a gift to a child from the Boys & Girls Club of the Tri-County Area. Picture the smile and the excitement as they see their very own bike for the first time!
- Evensong Spa Bike Services – For pre- and post- Gear Up Green Lake body care, Evensong Spa will offer a Readiness Massage and Recovery Massage, each designed to help riders perform at their best and recover quickly and effectively. Evensong Spa therapists use bamboo and oils to target parts of the body most-needed during cycling.
- For those who will not be joining us for the Gear Up Green Lake Fundraiser Bike Ride, we welcome you to participate in Saturday’s activities, including Escapade Yacht sightseeing cruises, yoga stretch at Evensong Spa, crafty kids, bag toss and a scavenger hunt. Times of these activities can be viewed here.
- Grey Rock Lounge 7 p.m. – For a relaxed, lakeside dinner in a historic setting, consider drinks and dinner at Grey Rock. Pianist Dan Braaksma will complete the ambiance of the evening with complimentary entertainment from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Daycholah 7 p.m. – Saturday-night dancing and crowd-favorite music will fill Daycholah, the meeting area next to BoatHouse Pub. Oshkosh, Wis., classic rock cover band Kitty Corona will play from 7 to 11 p.m. Look forward to some Pat Benatar, Journey, Tom Petty, Joan Jett, AC/DC and more.
Sunday, May 24
Bloody Mary Cruise:
- Escapade Yacht 9 a.m. – What tastes better on a Sunday than a morning cocktail? Join us for a Bloody Mary bar and mimosas on the Sunday morning sightseeing cruise. The captains will keep you entertained with stories of area landmarks and intriguing history of local families.
- Grey Rock Brunch 9 a.m. – To open the summer season, Grey Rock will begin its Sunday brunch Memorial Day weekend. Brunch is available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and offers a variety of freshly-prepared breakfast favorites, prepared by Heidel House Resort’s award-winning culinary team.
- Sunroom 6:30 a.m. – The Sunroom Café, just off the resort lobby, also serves breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. With plated entrees or a buffet option, there is a little bit of something for everyone.
- As with the other days, Heidel House Resort & spa will offer a variety of activities throughout the day. Adults might enjoy a guided labyrinth tour at Evensong Spa, while the kids might look forward to crafty kids. Then, bring the whole family into some friendly competition with bag toss and bingo. Activity times can be viewed here.
Monday, April 25
Complete your long weekend and holiday vacation at Heidel House Resort & Spa with various activities.
- Monday’s activities vary from inside fun to outside exploration. Consider a morning yoga stretch at Evensong Spa, a nature walk throughout beautiful Green Lake, ladder ball and good ol’ competition with Every Second Counts, a challenging, yet fun, game of trying to complete different tasks in less than a minute. Activity times can be viewed here.
One last thing…
“I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!” The Pump House Parlor will be opening for the summer Memorial Day weekend. Mom, dad, kids, uncles, aunts – the whole family will want a taste of these delectable flavors of Kemps ice cream.
Regardless of what the calendar says, Memorial Day weekend truly feels like the start of summer. Family and friends, outside cookouts and time on the lake. What’s not to look forward to?
Room reservations at Heidel House Resort & Spa can be made online or by calling 800.444.2812.