Five Fall Favorites Near Green Lake, Wisconsin
02 Sep, 2014
Somehow, it seems summer has vanished in a hurry once again. The cooler weather is creeping in, the shorter days are just around the corner and the beautiful bursts of orange, red and yellow are patiently waiting to paint the horizon.
Green Lake, Wisconsin, is a wonderful place to observe these seasonal changes. We’ve put together a list of our five fall favorites to help you best experience a Green Lake fall at its finest.
1. First, why not start off with a tour of the area from hundreds of feet in the air? (Unless, of course, you’re afraid of heights. Then perhaps move along to number two.) Majestic Balloons in Ripon, Wisconsin, offers hot-air balloon rides daily through early September and on weekends all year round. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, folks!
2. Once you’ve taken in a magical view of the area, consider a tour on the water. The Escapade yacht at Heidel House Resort & Spa has very enthusiastic captains who give Sightseeing Cruises through October. Travel back in time with tall tales of Green Lake and venture out into the deep water of Big Green. “All aboard who’s coming aboard!”
3. Do you remember how you felt the very first time you could ride your bicycle without the training wheels? Bring back those memorable feelings with some biking around the lake. Green Lake Area Chamber of Commerce has a Loop the Lake map already created.
4. Enjoy wine tasting and good company at Vines & Rushes in Ripon. Just a short, 20-minute drive from the resort, Vines & Rushes is an attraction you don’t want to miss. This is not just your typical wine, either. It is home-grown. Yes! Vines & Rushes currently grows four acres of their own grapes. Grab a glass. Grab a seat. Take a sip. Enjoy.
5. Through October, visit Larson’s Famous Clydesdales, also in Ripon. Put into the Hall of Fame at the 2010 Wisconsin State Fair, Larson’s is one of the only places to see many Clydesdales up close and personal. Take a 90-minute guided tour, pet a baby Clydesdale and visit the Clydesdale museum and gift shop.
Good luck, safe travels and remember, “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
Whether you’re interested in Heidel House Resort, Evensong Spa, or our premier lakeside dining restaurant, Grey Rock, our emails keep you up to date on what’s happening year-round on property.