15 Father’s Day Gift Ideas
11 Jun, 2015
Unsure how to show your favorite man just how much you love, appreciate and respect him? Consider these 15 Green Lake area Father’s Day gift ideas, including a variety of area concert tickets, golf packages, comedy shows, wood crafts and more.
- A Round of Golf: A variety of renowned golf courses exist in the Green Lake area and Dad is sure to enjoy the game whether he claims himself as a novice or expert. Consider the Golf Courses of Lawsonia, Tuscumbia Country Club, Mascoutin Golf Club or White Lake Country Club.
- Cedar Adirondack Chairs from the Sawdust Factory: Give him the gift of relaxation! Adirondack chairs are perfect for sitting lakeside, on the back porch or in the front lawn, and The Sawdust Factory takes custom orders so you’ll be sure to get just what you’re looking for.
- Comedy Show Tickets – The Second City at Thrasher Opera House: Is there a better sound than laughter from someone you love? “From the company that launched careers of Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert, Steve Carell, Gilda Radner, Bill Murray and more, comes the next generation of the comedy world’s best and brightest in an evening of hilarious sketch comedy and Second City’s trademark improvisation.”
- Guided Fishing on Deepest Inland Lake in Wisconsin: Even an experienced fisherman will enjoy the guidance of Norton’s, guiding on Big Green Lake for four generations and nearly 100 years.
- Festa della Vespa Overnight Package: If Dad has ever shown interest in unique festivals or classic Italian Vespa scooters, this is an event he should most definitely attend. The Shops of Water Street is hosting the first-ever Festa della Vespa August 21-23, 2015, and Heidel House Resort & Spa is the official lodging partner. We’ll provide you with overnight accommodations, a $20 spend-as-you-wish resort gift card and shuttling to and from Princeton on Saturday night.
- Golfer’s Restorative Massage: Is Dad an already avid golfer? If yes, this gift is for him. Evensong Spa’s Golfer’s Restorative Massage is the perfect treatment for pre- or post-game conditioning and can help golfer’s avoid injury and enhance golf performance.
- Craft Beer Tasting Cruise Tickets – Beer Cruises at Heidel House Resort: Beautiful views and delicious brews onboard a 60-foot catamaran-style yacht will give your dad a Father’s Day he’s unlikely to forget. Upcoming Beer Cruises feature New Glarus Brewing Co. (July 17), Wisconsin Brewing Co. (Aug. 14) and Lakefront Brewery (Sept. 4).
- Custom Home Wood Signage from The Sawdust Factory: With this gift, Dad will be able to welcome guests into his home with a beautiful, hand-crafted, custom wood sign of your family’s last name.
- Overnight Golf Packages: Heidel House Resort & Spa has two golf packages that will provide your dad with overnight accommodations, one to two rounds of golf, dining credit and a discount on services at Evensong Spa. Check out the Golf Excursion package and Golfer’s Paradise package for more details!
- Contrasting Wood Chess/Checker Boards from The Sawdust Factory: For those who like friendly competition and the games of chess or checkers, a custom-made wood game board from The Sawdust Factory will provide a durable place to play, sure to last for years to come.
- A Capella Quartet Tickets – Vocality at Thrasher Opera House: True talent and artistry comes out in a capella performances. Share this memory with your dad at Thrasher Opera House on Aug. 8. Tickets are just $15.
- Wisconsin-made Wine from Vines & Rushes Winery: “Our focus is on using cold hardy grape varieties capable of surviving Wisconsin’s frigid winters.” Yes, you read that right: Vines & Rushes Winery wines are made right here in Wisconsin and they are delicious.
- Heidel House Resort & Spa Gift Certificate: Can’t decide whether Dad would prefer spa services, delicious lakeside dining or a cozy overnight stay? Purchase a Heidel House Spend-As-You-Wish Gift Certificate so he can experience some of each.
- The Slambovian Circus of Dreams Tickets – Thrasher Opera House: “Gandalf Murphy & The Slambovian Circus of Dreams have been called ‘the hillbilly Pink Floyd,’ which is an apt description, particularly if you throw in elements of Incredible String Band, Neil Young, The Band, Dylan, and maybe even some Frank Zappa as well.” For just $22, you’ll give your dad a night he’s sure to enjoy.
- Lobster Bakes Tickets – Grey Rock at Heidel House Resort & Spa: Calling all foodies (especially those who love some fresh seafood, served lakeside!) Lobster Bakes are just $55 per person and include Main lobster, fresh shrimp, clams, sirloin steak and a soup and salad buffet.
Here’s to Dad – may his day be full of family and unforgettable memories.